Boy, interrupted...?




That was weird. What was that on the phonetoday? Seriously, I don't know if it was because I was the 'he' whose words you did not care to analyze but that somehow got to you or if was a leftover of your not gettting what you wanted with someone else -an emotional tantrum, baby boy?- or was it just plain ennui?
But it was weird. I thought we were beyond that. After all, I'm an intimate stranger, a digging but passing acquaintance, a closer-than-most unknown. I've heard you snore, I've washed you up, I've tasted you. I've written the unsaid. You don't need to pose or resort to innuendo with me. If you're mad/upset, just tell me.
And yes, it is your space, meant for your musings, but when you let me in you knew what was coming, like me when I was giving you directions to my house at three in the morning and you played being one of those boy-was-I-drunk-last-night men we sometimes cross paths with. You have an open forum to your mind and you should then play by the rules. And those rules are that you should put up a little bit with annoying, prying minds. You can't have it both ways, no matter how much you insist you can.
In any case, it was some kind of reaction. Much more than what I thought I'd get for a few words in cyberspace. Lots of passion there. It's strange, this friendship which benefits were spent so early. This quasi-communion between interlopers. But after all, you ARE the one who no one knew, aren't you, baby boy?

Smooches.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It wasn't a tantrum. It simply was what it was. Sometimes I feel despondent when I talk to you. And it makes me snappy. I can't tell you why it happens just that it does and because I don't know why, I can't explain it. Sometimes you feel needy. Maybe that's it. There was no passion in it. Actually, a lack thereof. Sometimes I care less.