The End of the Year

Again, at the doors of a new year. Well, some changes should take place, I guess. Changes more than skin deep and less than a total overhaul. Not even I could pull something like that off. But some things do need to change. Like trying to figure out things that do not concern me. And trying by all means to reach someone who is just not available. Stop the giving and demand more giving and taking. I guess I have to let the overseeing of someone's education for the classroom. It just doesn't work in the complicated, convoluted situations of the real world, where every person is another universe, with their own imploding suns and black holes.

Enough of that. Besides, when not even the minimum requirements of courtesy are met (like thanks, bye, how are you) there's no room for excuses. And I guess that if I wanted to help raise someone I would have had my own kids. Heaven knows I'm old enough to have had some. So I'm moving on. Again. In the same vein, I think that one other change should be that I dedicate all the energy I've been wasting on the callow and the young to feed my own resolutions and stick with them. That should suffice to propel a jet. Or at least a small plane. 

 And I've decided I'm closing this blog and starting another. I think that's one of the most wonderful possibilities this means offers: it's flexible. It'll officially be my third. I'll keep writing, only just for me, or for whomever reads this. But that is not important: the important part is that I am putting my thoughts here and I can come back and re-read them and reflect and act. I guess pedagogical principles are not all wasted in the real world, then. Action research as part of the process of growing up. It sounds like an interesting title for a paper, but it may be even better as an ongoing plan for my own life. So I'll just finish here and then I'll think about what I'm bringing to that Christmas party tonight and finish wrapping some gifts that I'm sure will be appreciated. In the words of my all-time fav, Shakira:

No puedo pedir que el invierno perdone a un rosal No puedo pedir a los olmos que entreguen peras No puedo pedirle lo eterno a un simple mortal Y andar arrojando a los cerdos miles de perlas
Here, here.

Comments